1. Duan X. F, Huang Y, Cui Y, Wang J. F, Lieber C. M. Indium phosphide nanowires as building blocks for nanoscale electronic and optoelectronic devices. Nature, 2001; 409: 66–69.
2. Van Hove M.A. From surface science to nanotechnology. Catalysis Today, 2006; 113(3–4): 133–140.
3. Ashby M.F, Ferreira P.J, Schodek D.L. Nanomaterials and nanotechnologies in health and the environment. In: Nanomaterials: Nanotechnology and Design. Science Press, Beijing. 2009; 467–500.
4. Hahn A, Brandes G, Wagener P, Barcikowski S. Metal ion release kinetics from nanoparticle silicone composites. Jou. Controll. Release, 2011; 154: 164–170.
5. Kameya Y, Hanamura K. Enhancement of solar radiation absorption using nanoparticle suspension. Solar Energy, 2011; 85: 299–307.
6. Mrinmoy De, Partha S. Ghosh, Vincent M. Rotello. Applications of Nanoparticles in Biology. Adv. Mater, 2008; 20: 4225–4241.
7. Chari R. Targeted Cancer Therapy: Conferring Specificity to Cytotoxic Drugs (2008) J. Acc. Chm. Res, 2008; 41: 98-107.
8. Wilhelm C, Gazeau F, Roger J, Pons J.N, Bacri J.C. Interaction of Anionic Super paramagnetic Nanoparticles with Cells: Kinetic Analyses of Membrane Adsorption and Subsequent. Langmuir, 2002; 18(21): 8148-8155.
9. D. Wu, A.I. Cederbaum. Alcohol, oxidative stress, and free radical damage, Alcohol Res. Health, 2003; 27 (4): 277-284.
10. S. Sen, R. Chakraborty, C. Sridhar, Y. Reddy, B. De. Free radicals, antioxidants, diseases and phytomedicines: current status and future prospect. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. Rev. Res. 2010; 3(1): 91–100.
11. Lien Ai Pham-Huy, Hua He, Chuong Pham-Huy. Free Radicals, Antioxidants in Disease and Health, Int. J. Biomed. Sci, 2008; 4: 89–96.
12. Sies H, Stahl W, Sundquist A.R. Antioxidant function of vitamins, vitamins E and C, beta-carotene, and other carotenoids. Annals of the New York Academy of Science, 1992; 669: 7-20.
13. Oluwaseun A.A, Ganiyu O. Antioxidant properties of methanolic extracts of mistletoes (Viscum album) from cocoa and cashew trees in Nigeria. African Jou. Biotech. 2008; 7: 3138-3142.
14. Shemer H, Sharpless C.M, Linden K.G. Photodegradation of 3, 5, 6-trichloro-2-pyridinol in aqueous solution. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution,2005;168(1-4): 145-155.
15. Ohama Y, Van Gemert D. Applications of titanium oxide photo catalysis to construction materials, 1st edition. Springer, 2011.
16. Yigiong yang, Hongxin Li, Fulin Hou, Jingyi Hu, Xiaodong Zhang, Yuxin Wang. Facile synthesis of ZnO/Ag nanocomposites with enhanced photo catalytic properties under visible light. Mater.lett, 2016; 108: 97-100.
17. Xie W, L.I.Y.Sun, W.Huang J, Xie H, Zhao X.J. Surface modification of ZnO with Ag improves its photo catalytic efficiency and photo stability. photochem.photobio.A, 2010; 216(2): 149-155.
18. Jaya. T.Varkey. Synthesis and applications of nanometallic particles anchored on a novel Polymeric resin. Orient. Jou. Chemistry, 2017; 33(2): 1035-1040.
19. Thakkar K.N, Mhatre S.S, Rasesh Y, Parikh R.Y. Biological synthesis of metallic nanoparticles. Nanomedicine: Nanotechnology, Biology and Medicine, 2010; 6: 257–262.
20. Parikh R.Y, Singh S, Prasad B.L.V, Patole M.S, Sastry M, Shouche Y.S. Extracellular synthesis of crystalline silver nanoparticles and molecular evidence of silver resistance from Morganella sp. towards understanding biochemical synthesis mechanism. Chem. Bio. Chem, 2008; 9: 1415–1422.
21. Gurunathan S, Alishwaralal K, Vaidyanathan R, Venkataraman D, Pandian S.R.K, Muniyandi J. Biosynthesis, purification and characterization of silver nanoparticles using Escherichia coli. Colloids and Surfaces B, 2009b; 74(1): 328–335.
22. Kalishwaralal K, Deepak V, Pandian S.R.K, Kottaisamy, M, Barath ManiKanth S, Kartikeyan, B. et al. Biosynthesis of silver and gold nanoparticles using Brevibacterium casei. Colloids and Surfaces B, 2010; 77(2): 257–262.
23. Manilal K. S. Van Rheede’s Hortus Malabaricus (English edn) with Annotations and Modern Botanical Nomenclature, University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram, 2003; 9: 249–251-315.
24. Ahmedullah M, Nayar M. P. In Flora of India, Endemic Plants of the Indian Region, Penisular India, Botanical Survey of India, Kolkata, 1986; 4(1): 135.
25. Ravikumar K, Ved D. K. Illustrated Field Guide – 100 Red Listed Medicinal Plants of Conservation Concern in Southern India, FRLHT, Bengaluru, 2000; 301–304.
26. Holder I.A, Boyce S.T. Agar well diffusion assay testing of bacterial susceptibility to various antimicrobials in concentrations non-toxic for human cells in culture. Burns, 1994; 20: 426-429.
27. Blois M. S. Antioxidant determinations by the use of a stable free radical. Nature, 1958; 181:1199-1200.
28. Ahamed M, Alsalhi M. S, Siddiquy M. K. J. Green synthesis, Characterization and evaluation of Biocompatibility of silver nanoparticles. J. Clin. Chim. Acta, 2010; 441.
29. Prashant Tiwari, Bimlesh Kumar, Mandeep Kaur, Gurpreet Kaur, Harleen Kaur. Phytochemical screening and Extraction: A Review. Inter. Pharma. Sci., 2011; 1:1.
30. Muthukrishnan S, Bhakya S, Kumar TS, Rao MV. Biosynthesis, characterization and antibacterial effect of plant-mediated silver nanoparticles using Ceropegia thwaitesii— An endemic species. Ind Crops Prod, 2015; 63:119–124.
31. Kalaiselvi A, Roopan SM, Madhumitha G, Ramalingam C, Elango G. Synthesis and characterization of palladium nanoparticlesusing Catharanthus roseus leaf extract and its application in the photo-catalytic degradation. Spectrochim Acta A Mol Biomol.Spectro.sc, 2015; 135:116–119.
32. Anandalakshmi K, Venugobal J, Ramasa V. Characterization of silver nanoparticles by green synthesis method using Pedalium murex leaf extract and their antibacterial activity. Appl Nanosci, 2016; 6:399–408.
33. Jiang H, Manolache S, Lee Wong AC, Denes F.S. Plasma enhanced deposition of silver nanoparticles onto polymer and metal surfaces for the generation of antimicrobial characteristics. J. Appl Poly. Sci, 2004; 93:1411–1422.
34. Das J, Paul Das M, Velusamy P. Sesbania grandiflora leaf extract mediated green synthesis of antibacterial silver nanoparticles against selected human pathogens. Spectrochim. Acta. A, 2013; 104: 265–270.
35. Jiang H, Moon K, Zhang Z, Pothukuchi S, Wong C.P. Variable frequency microwave synthesis of silver nanoparticles. J Nanopart Res, 2006; 8(1):117–124.
36. Mahmoud M, Poncheri A, Badr Y, Abd El- Wahed M.G. Photocatalytic degradation of Methyl red dye. South African J. Sci, 2009; 105: 299-305.
37. Wu Z. C, Zhang Y, Tao T. X, Zhang L and Fong H. Silver nanoparticles on amidoxime fibers for photo-catalytic degradation of organic dyes in waste water Appl.Surf. Sci, 2010; 257: 1092-1097.
38. Kumar P, Govindaraju M, Senthamilselvi S, Premkumar K. Photocatalytic degradation of methyl orange dye using silver nanoparticles synthesized from Ulva lactuca. Colloids Surf B:Biointer, 2013; 103:658–661.
39. Yu L, Xi J, Li M, Chan H.T, Su T, Phillips D.L, Chan W.K. (2012) The degradation mechanism of methyl orange under photo-catalysis of TiO2. Phys Chem, 2012; 14:3589–3595.
40. Houas A, Lachheb H, Mohamed K, Jean –Marie H. Photocatalytyic degradation pathway of Methylene blue in water. Appl Catalysis B: Environ, 2001; 31:145–157.
41. Ameta A, Ameta R, Ahuja M. Photocatalytic degradation of Methylene blue over ferric tungstate. Sci. Revs. Chem. Commun, 2013; 3(3):172–180.
42. Vanaja M, Paulkumar K, Baburaja M, Rajeshkumar S, Gnanajobitha G, Malarkodi C, Sivakavinesan M, Annadurai G. Degradation of Methylene blue using biologically synthesized silver nanoparticles. Bioinorg Chem Application, 2014; 742346.
43. Rana S, Kalaichelvan P.T. Antibacterial activities of metal nanoparticles. Advan. Biotech, 2011; 11(2):21-23.
44. Russell A.D, Hugo W.B. Antimicrobial activity and action of silver. Prog. Med. Chem, 1994; 31:351-370.
45. Klasen H.J. A historical review of the use of silver in the treatment of burns. Renewed interest for silver. Burns, 2000; 26:131-138.
46. kala, S. Antimicrobial activity of coleus Forskohlii (wild) Briq and Costus Igheus N.E.Br. Journal of Pharmacy and Biological Sciences, 2014; 9(5):1-6.
47. Morones J, Elechiguerra L.J, Camacho A, Holt K, Kouri JB . The bactericidal effect of silver nanoparticles. Nanotech, 2005; 16:2346-2353.
48. Vinita Chawla, Dr. Sangeeta Sathay. Biosynthesis of silver nanoparticles using methanolic extracts of Acorus calamus, and assessment of its antioxidant and antimicrobial activity , Journal of Medicinal Plants Studies, 2017; 5(3): 358-363.
49. Bhakya S, Muthukrishnan S, Sukumaran M, Muthukumar M. Biogenic synthesis of silver nanoparticles and their antioxidant and antibacterial activity. Appl Nanosci, 2015; 6 (5):755–766.
50. G. Gopalakrishnan, C.K. Dhanapal, R.Manavalan. In-vitro antioxidant activities of methanolic extract of root of coleus vettiveroids (Jacob). Inter. Jour. Pharma and Bio Sciences, 2011; 2(4): 353-357.