1. M.R. Palacin, Recent advances in rechargeable battery materials: a chemist’s perspective, Chem. Soc. Rev. 2002; 38(9): 2565–2575.
2. H. Wang, H.S. Casalongue, Y. Liang, H. Dai, Ni(OH)2 nanoplates grown on graphene as advanced electrochemical pseudocapacitor materials, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010; 132(21): 7472–7477.
3. J. Sun , J. Cheng , C. Wang , X. Ma , M. Li , L. Yuan, Synthesis and morphological control of nickel hydroxide for lithium-nickel composite oxide cathode materials by an Eddy circulating precipitation method, Ind. Eng. Chem. Res. 2006; 45(6): 2146–2149.
4. G.T. Zhou, Q.Z. Yao, X. Wang, J.C. Yu, Preparation and characterization of nanoplatelets of nickel hydroxide and nickel oxide, Mater. Chem. Phys. 2006; 98(2): 267–272.
5. J. Estellea, P. Salagre, Y. Cesteros, M. Serra, F. Medina, J.E. Sueiras, Comparative study of the morphology and surface properties of nickel oxide prepared from different precursors, Solid State Ionics. 2003; 156(1): 233–243.
6. A. Kalam, A.S. Al-Shihri, A.G. Al-Sehemi, N.S. Awwad, G. Du, T. Ahmad, Effect of pH on solvothermal synthesis of β-Ni(OH)2 and NiO nano-architectures: surface area studies, optical properties and adsorption studies, Superlattices Microstruct. 2013; 55: 83–97.
7. Y. Wang, S. Gai, C. Li, F. He, M. Zhang, Y. Yan, P. Yang, Controlled synthesis and enhanced supercapacitor performance of uniform pompon-like β-Ni(OH)2 hollow microspheres, Electrochim. Acta. 2013; 90: 673–681.
8. R. Gomez-Reynoso, J. Ramirez, R. Nares, R. Luna, F. Murrieta, Characterization and catalytic activity of Ni/SBA-15, synthesized by deposition–precipitation, Catal. Today. 2005; 107–108: 926–932.
9 G.W. Yang, C.L. Xu, H.L. Li, Electrodeposited nickel hydroxide on nickel foam with ultrahigh capacitance, Chem. Commun. 2008; 2(48): 6537–6539.
10. D. Wang, R. Xu, X. Wang, Y. Li, NiO nanorings and their unexpected catalytic property for CO oxidation, Nanotechnol. 2006 ;17(4): 979–983.
11. G. Mattei, P. Mazzoldi, M.L. Post, D. Buso, M. Guglielmi, A. Martucci, Cookie-like Au/NiO nanoparticles with optical gas-sensing properties, Adv. Mater. 2007 ;19(4): 561–564.
12. F.B. Zhang, Y.K. Zhou, H.L Li, Nanocrystalline NiO as an electrode material for electrochemical capacitor, Mater. Chem. Phys. 2004; 83(2): 260–264.
13. N.P. Duong, T. Satoh, M. Fiebig, Ultrafast manipulation of antiferromagnetism of NiO, Phys. Rev. Lett. 2004; 93(11): 117402–117404.
14. M.C.A Fantini, F.F Ferreira, A. Gorenste, Theoretical and experimental results on Au-NiO and Au-CoO electrochromic composite films, Solid State Ionics. 2002; 152–153: 867–872.
15. A.A. Al-Ghamdi, W.E. Mahmoud, S.J. Yaghmour, F.M. Al-Marzouki, Structure and optical properties of nanocrystalline NiO thin film synthesized by sol-gel spin-coating method, J. Alloys Compd. 2009; 486(1): 9–13.
16. A. Morandeira, J. Fortage, T. Edvinsson, L.L. Pleux ,E. Blart, G. Boschloo, A. Hagfeldt, L. Hammarström, F. Odobel, Improved photon-to-current conversion efficiency with a nanoporous p-type NiO electrode by the use of a sensitizer-acceptor dyad, J. Phys. Chem. C. 2008; 112(5): 1721–1728.
17. J.D.V. Rani, S. Kamatchi, A. Dhathathreyan, Nanoparticles of nickel oxide and nickel hydroxide using lyophilisomes of fibrinogen as template, J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2010 ; 341(1) 48–52.
18. L.X. Yang, Y.J. Zhu, H. Tong, Z.H. Liang, L. Li, L. Zhang, Hydrothermal synthesis of nickel hydroxide nanostructures in mixed solvents of water and alcohol, J. Solid State Chem. 2007; 180(7): 2095–2101.
19. T. Neuberger, B. Schopf, H. Hofmann, M. Hofmann, B. von Rechenberg, Superparamagnetic nanoparticles for biomedical applications: possibilities and limitations of a new drug delivery system, J. Magn. Magn. Mater. 2005; 293(1): 483–496.
20. E. Zhang, Y. Tang, Y. Zhang, C. Guo, L. Yang, Hydrothermal synthesis of β-nickel hydroxide nanocrystalline thin film and growth of oriented carbon nanofibers, Mater. Res. Bull. 2009; 44(8): 1765–1770.
21. Z.M. Khoshhesab, M. Sarfaraz, Preparation and characterization of NiO nanoparticles by chemical precipitation method, Syn. React. Inorg. Met. Chem. 2010; 40(9): 700–703.
22. Y. Du, W. Wang, X. Li, J. Zhao, J. Ma, Y. Liu, G. Lu, Preparation of NiO nanoparticles in microemulsion and its gas sensing performance, Mater. Lett. 2012; 68: 168–170.
23. S. Thota, J. Kumar, Sol-gel synthesis and anomalous magnetic behavior of NiO nanoparticles, J. Phys. Chem. Solids. 2007; 68(10): 1951–1964.
24. H. Li, S. Liu, C. Huang, Z. Zhou, Y. Li, D. Fang, Characterization and supercapacitor application of coin-like β-nickel hydroxide nanoplates, Electrochim. Acta. 2011; 58: 89–94.
25. M. Aghazadeh, A.N. Golikand, M. Ghaemi, Synthesis, characterization, and electrochemical properties of ultrafine β-Ni(OH)2 nanoparticles, J. Hydrogen Energy. 2011; 36(14): 8674–8679.
26. C. Guo , Y.H. Tang, E.L. Zhang , X.C. Li , J.L. Li, Aggregation of self-assembled Ni(OH)2 nanosheets under hydrothermal conditions, J. Mater. Sci. Mater. Electron. 2009; 20(11): 1118–1122.
27. D. Wang , C. Song , Z. Hu , X. Fu, Fabrication of hollow spheres and thin films of nickel hydroxide and nickel oxide with hierarchical structures, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2005; 109(3) :1125–1129.
28. Z.H. Liang , Y.J. Zhu , X.L. Hu, β-Nickel hydroxide nanosheets and their thermal decomposition to nickel oxide nanosheets, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2004; 108(11): 3488–349.
29. J.H. Liang, Y.D. Li, Synthesis and Characterization of Ni(OH)2 Single-crystal Nanorods, Chem. Lett. 2003; 32(12) : 1126–1127.
30. Z.Y. Wu, C.M. Liu, L. Guo, R. Hu, M.I. Abbas, T.D. Hu, H.B. Xu, Structural characterization of nickel oxide nanowires by X-ray absorption near-edge structure spectroscopy, J. Phys. Chem. B. 2005; 109(7): 2512–2515.
31. X.L. Li, J.F. Liu, Y.D. Li, Low-temperature conversion synthesis of M(OH)2 (M=Ni, Co, Fe) nanoflakes and nanorods, Mater. Chem. Phys. 2003; 80(1): 222–227.
32. K. Nakamoto, Infrared and raman spectra of inorganic and coordination compounds, fifth ed., Wiley, New York, 1997.
33. P. Jeevanandam , Y. Koltypin , A. Gedanken, Synthesis of nanosized α-nickel hydroxide by a sonochemical method, Nano Lett. 2001; 1(5): 263–266.
34. G.J.D.A. Soler-Illia, M. Jobbagy, A.E. Regazzoni, M.A. Blesa, Synthesis of nickel hydroxide by homogeneous alkalinization, precipitation mechanism, Chem. Mater. 1999; 11(11): 3140–3146.
35. M.M. Kashani Motlagh, A.A. Youzbashi, F. Hashemzadeh, L. Sabaghzadeh, Structural properties of nickel hydroxide/oxyhydroxide and oxide nanoparticles obtained by microwave-assisted oxidation technique, Powder Technol. 2013; 237: 562–568.
36. R.B. Viana, A.B.F. Dasilva, A.S. Pimentel, Infrared spectroscopy of anionic, cationic, and zwitterionic surfactants, Adv. Phys. Chem. 2012; 12: 2012.
37. S. Cabanas-Polo, K.S. Suslick, A.J. Sanchez-Herencia, Effect of reaction conditions on size and morphology of ultrasonically prepared Ni(OH)2 powders, Ultrason. Sonochem. 2011; 18(4): 901–906.
38. S. Ren, C. Yang, C. Sun, Y. Hui, Z. Dong, J. Wang, X. Su, Novel NiO nanodisks and hollow nanodisks derived from Ni(OH)2 nanostructures and their catalytic performance in epoxidation of styrene, Mater. Lett. 2012; 80: 23–25.