1Department of Applied Chemistry, Islamic Azad University, South Tehran Branch, Tehran, Iran
2Iranian Research and Development Center for Chemical Industries, ACECR, Tehran, Iran
Nickel doped TiO2nano particles (1% w/w) were prepared and immobilized on NaX zeolite and after characterization by X-ray diffraction and scanning electron microscopy used as photo catalyts for degradation of orange G. The X-ray diffraction patterns show that the supported TiO2 are crystallized in anatase form and the intensity of the zeolite peaks decreases with the increase of TiO2loading. Scanning electron micrographs of synthesized samples show that nano size titanium dioxide particles are accumulated on the surface of the zeolite. These materials are applied as photo catalysts for the degradation of orange G in aqueous solution by means of ultraviolet light irradiation at room temperature. The effect of solution pH, ultraviolet irradiation time and catalyst in degradation of orange G was investigated. The results show that nickel doped TiO2/NaX zeolite as a photo catalyst in degradation of orange G in acidic solution is superior to the Ni/TiO2 nano composite and also undoped nano size titanium dioxide particles.
1. Ghaly MY, Jamil T, El-Seesy I E, Souaya E R, Nasr R A. Treatment of highly polluted paper mill wastewater by solar photocatalytic oxidation with synthesized nano TiO2 . Chem Eng J. 2011; 168: 446-454.
2. Shirsath SR, Pinjari DV, Gogate PR, Sonawane SH, Pandit AB. Ultrasound assisted synthesis of doped TiO2 nano-particles: characterization and comparison of effectiveness for photocatalytic oxidation of dyestuff effluent. Ultrason Sonochem. 2013;20(1):277-86.
3. Sökmen M, Tatlıdil İ, Breen C, Clegg F, Buruk CK, Sivlim T, Akkan Ş. A new nano-TiO2 immobilized biodegradable polymer with self-cleaning properties. J Hazard Mater. 2011;187(1):199-205.
4. Lu SY, Wu D, Wang QL, Yan J, Buekens AG, Cen KF. Photocatalytic decomposition on nano-TiO2: Destruction of chloroaromatic compounds. Chemosphere. 2011;82(9):1215-24.
5. Shen C, Wang YJ, Xu JH, Luo GS. Facile synthesis and photocatalytic properties of TiO2 nanoparticles supported on porous glass beads. Chem Eng J. 2012;209:478-85.
6. Kazemi M, Mohammadizadeh MR. Simultaneous improvement of photocatalytic and superhydrophilicity properties of nano TiO2 thin films. Chem Eng Res Des. 2012;90(10):1473-9.
7. Liu F, Liu H, Li X, Zhao H, Zhu D, Zheng Y, Li C. Nano-TiO2@ Ag/PVC film with enhanced antibacterial activities and photocatalytic properties. Appl Surf Sci. 2012;258(10):4667-71.
8. Shen C, Wang YJ, Xu JH, Luo GS. Facile synthesis and photocatalytic properties of TiO2 nanoparticles supported on porous glass beads. Chem Eng J. 2012;209:478-85.
9. Ghorai TK, Chakraborty M, Pramanik P. Photocatalytic performance of nano-photocatalyst from TiO2 and Fe 2 O 3 by mechanochemical synthesis. J Alloy Compd. 2011;509(32):8158-64.
10. Zhang Z, Xu Y, Ma X, Li F, Liu D, Chen Z, Zhang F, Dionysiou DD. Microwave degradation of methyl orange dye in aqueous solution in the presence of nano-TiO 2-supported activated carbon (supported-TiO2/AC/MW). J Hazard Mater. 2012;209:271-7.
11. Chow KL, Man YB, Zheng JS, Liang Y, Tam NF, Wong MH. Characterizing the optimal operation of photocatalytic degradation of BDE-209 by nano-sized TiO2. . J Environ Sci. 2012;24(9):1670-8.
12. Hu S, Li F, Fan Z, Chang CC. Enhanced photocatalytic activity and stability of nano-scaled TiO2 co-doped with N and Fe. Appl Surf Sci. 2011;258(1):182-8.
13. Sorolla MG, Dalida ML, Khemthong P, Grisdanurak N. Photocatalytic degradation of paraquat using nano-sized Cu-TiO2/SBA-15 under UV and visible light. J Environ Sci. . 2012;24(6):1125-32.
14. Pant HR, Pant B, Sharma RK, Amarjargal A, Kim HJ, Park CH, Tijing LD, Kim CS. Antibacterial and photocatalytic properties of Ag/TiO2/ZnO nano-flowers prepared by facile one-pot hydrothermal process. Ceram Int. 2013;39(2):1503-10.
15. Cheng X, Yu X, Xing Z. Characterization and mechanism analysis of Mo–N-co-doped TiO2 nano-photocatalyst and its enhanced visible activity. J Colloid Interf Sci. 2012;372(1):1-5.
16. Zhou S, Lv J, Guo LK, Xu GQ, Wang DM, Zheng ZX, Wu YC. Preparation and photocatalytic properties of N-doped nano-TiO2/muscovite composites. Appl Surf Sci. 2012;258(16):6136-41.
17. Pant HR, Park CH, Pant B, Tijing LD, Kim HY, Kim CS. Synthesis, characterization, and photocatalytic properties of ZnO nano-flower containing TiO2 NPs. Ceram Int. 2012;38(4):2943-50.
18. Shi H, Zhang T, An T, Li B, Wang X. Enhancement of photocatalytic activity of nano-scale TiO2 particles co-doped by rare earth elements and heteropolyacids. J Colloid Interf Sci. 2012;380(1):121-7.
19. Saha S, Wang JM, Pal A. Nano silver impregnation on commercial TiO2 and a comparative photocatalytic account to degrade malachite green. Sep Purif Technol. 2012;89:147-59.
20. Christoforidis KC, Figueroa SJ, Fernández-García M. Iron–sulfur codoped TiO2 anatase nano-materials: UV and sunlight activity for toluene degradation. Appl Catal B: Environ. 2012;117:310-6.
21. Wang C, Shi H, Zhang P, Li Y. Synthesis and characterization of kaolinite/TiO2 nano-photocatalysts. Appl. Clay Sci. 2011;53(4):646-9.
22. Ramaswamy V, Jagtap NB, Vijayanand S, Bhange DS, Awati PS. Photocatalytic decomposition of methylene blue on nanocrystalline titania prepared by different methods. Mater Res Bul. 2008;43(5):1145-52.
23. Rupa AV, Manikandan D, Divakar D, Sivakumar T. Effect of deposition of Ag on TiO2 nanoparticles on the photodegradation of Reactive Yellow-17. J Hazard Mater. 2007;147(3):906-13.
24. Xu Y, Lei B, Guo L, Zhou W, Liu Y. Preparation, characterization and photocatalytic activity of manganese doped TiO2 immobilized on silica gel. J Hazard Mater. 2008 Dec 15;160(1):78-82.