1Department of Science, Arak University of Technology, Arak, Iran
2Department of Physics, Faculty of Science, Arak University, Arak, Iran
In this research zinc sulfide (ZnS) nanoparticles and nanocomposites powders were prepared by chemical precipitation method using zinc acetate and various sulfur sources. The ZnS nanoparticles were characterized by X-ray diffraction, scanning electron microscopy, ultraviolet-visible and fourier transform infra-red. The structure of nanoparticles was studied using X-ray diffraction pattern. The crystallite size of ZnS nanoparticles was calculated by Debye–Scherrer formula. Morphology of nano-crystals was observed and investigated using the scanning electron microscopy. The grain size of zinc sulfide nanoparticles were in suitable agreement with the crystalline size calculated by X-ray diffraction results. The optical properties of particles were studied with ultraviolet-visible absorption spectrum.
3. Hedayati K, Fabrication and Optical Characterization of Zinc Oxide Nanoparticles Prepared via a Simple Sol-gel Method, J nanostruct, 2015, 5(4), 395-401.
4. Warad H C, Ghosh S C, Hemtanon B, Thanachayanont C, Dutta J, Luminescent nanoparticles of Mn doped ZnS passivated with sodium hexametaphosphate, Sci. Tech. Adv. Mater, 2005, 6(3), 296-301.
5. Rosli S A, Zubir Z A, Aziz N M A, Characterization of ZnS Nanoparticles Using MPA as Capping Agents, Adv. Mater. Res., 2012, 364, 434-438.
6. Seodi R, Shabaka A, Eisa W H, Anies B, Farage N M, Effect of the prepared temperature on the size of CdS and ZnS nanoparticle, Physica B, 2010, 405(3), 919-924.
7. Kovtyukhova N I, Buzaneva E V, Waraksa C C, Mallouk T E, Ultrathin nanoparticle ZnS and ZnS: Mn films: surface sol–gel synthesis, morphology, photophysical properties, Mater. Sci. Eng., B, 2000, 69-70, 411-417.
8. Sharma M, Kumar S, Pandey O P, Study of energy transfer from capping agents to intrinsic vacancies/defects in passivated ZnS nanoparticles, J nanopart Res, 2010, 12(7), 2655-2666.
9. Mahamuni S, Khosravi A A, Kunda M, Kshirsagar A, Bedekar A, Avasare D B, Singh P, Kulkarni S K, Thiophenol capped ZnS quantum dots, J. Appl. Phys. 1993, 73(10), 5237-5240.
10. Nejo A O, synthesis of organically capped and water soluble metal sulfide semiconductor nanoparticles, University of Zululand, 2013.
11. salavati-niasari M, Davar F, Loghman-Estarki M R , Controllable synthesis of thioglycolic acid capped ZnS (Pn) 0.5 nanotubes via simple aqueous solution route at low temperatures and conversion to wurtzite ZnS nanorods via thermal decompose of precursor, J. Alloys Compd., 2010, 494(1), 199-204.
12. Rahdar A, Study of Different Capping Agents Effect on the Structural and Optical Properties of Mn Doped ZnS Nanostructures, world applied programming, 2013, 3, 56-60.
13. Zhang Y, Lu F, Wang Z, Wang H, Kong M, Zhu X, Zhang L, ZnS nanoparticle-assisted synthesis and optical properties of ZnS nanotowers, Cryst. Growth Des., 2007, 7(8), 1459-1462.
14. Juine R N, Das A, Amirthapandian S, Concentration controlled QDs ZnS synthesis without capping agent and its optical properties, Mater. Lett., 2014 128, 160-162.
15. Namsani S, Nair N N, Singh J K, Interaction potential models for bulk ZnS, ZnS nanoparticle, and ZnS nanoparticle-PMMA from first-principles, J. Comput. Chem.2015, 36(15), 1176-1186.
16. Amah Alexander N, Echi Idugba M, Onyekachi K, Influence of Polyvinyl Alcohol and Alpha-Methacrylic Acid as Capping Agents on Particle Size of ZnS Nanoparticles, Appl. Phys., 2012, 4(4), 26-34.
17. Rahdar A, Arbabi V, H. Ghanbari H, Study of Electro-Optical Properties of ZnS Nanoparticles Prepared by Colloidal Particles Method, International journal of chemical and biological engineering, 2012 61 (2012) 81-83.
18. Rahdar A, Effect of 2-mercaptoethanol as capping agent on ZnS nanoparticles: structural and optical characterization, J. nanostructure chem., 3(1):10 (2013) 1-5.
19. Murugadoss G, Ramasamy V, Synthesis, effect of capping agents and optical properties of manganese-doped zinc sulphide nanoparticles, luminescence, 2013, 28(1), 69-75.
20. Murugadoss G, Ramasamy V, Luminescence study of monodispersed ZnS nanoparticles, luminescence, 2013, 28(2), 195-201.